Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Red Means Blessing

I finished the red alpaca kimono. By finished, I mean I'm ready to start the finishing. There were actually a lot of stitches in this sweetie because I chose such a fine gauge. But it is fine, and I am pleased. It will go together simply, when I fold it in half.

While it was blocking, I took my son to the ferry to walk on by himself. He's visiting an old friend just outside of Victoria. It's a blessing that he can travel safely on his own. Also that he has such a welcoming home to visit. This is his best friend from preschool who moved away when they were about seven. They are his other family. His friend is just as welcome here, but they both like it there better. I wish I was in Victoria- Beehive Wool Shop! The only Koigu I've ever seen.

I did a bit of shopping on the way home. I love Long and McQuade in Langley. I bought some flute music, but left them my flute to service. I feel a bit lost. I'd better break out the guitar tonight. I also bought some gifts-that-I'd-like-to-keep at Liberty's. What a blessing to have some time alone. My daughter was with her cousin.

My neice is here to placate the daughter and keep her out of my hair as I study for my imminent final. Give her mother a bit of a rest, too. I guess I'll be watching a movie on my laptop tonight as the girls will have the TV for videos. If I have time, I'll watch some of Ken Burns' Jazz. It'll be my third summer with that amazing series.

So... refreshed. Almost done one project. Ready to continue with the Socks That Rock in berry and the shawl I started, When? I meant to wear it to Scotland while I knit another, but that trip was postponed until we could get enough pipers. Next year? I'll pull it out to take on the plane.
It's a thistle pattern. And that, too is a blessing.

No comments: