Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Rink's Not So Bad

Now I do not enjoy sitting in the rink. I knit. I visit with the other moms. But I have spent so many hours freezing and listening to Skate Canada dance tapes that even the knitting does not save my mood.
But with sugar pie skating daughter home with the cough and cold, we cancelled. Guess what happens in my house on Wednesday afternoon when I'm not there. Guess.
Bag pipe lessons. Yes multiple lessons of multiple pipes. My husband in the kitchen/dining room and my nephew in the basement. One had to close the door because he was disturbing the other.
My nephew thought he was in the secret hiding room. Apparently he hasn't figured out the Very Loud Noise rule in hiding.
I'm hiding in my bedroom with my laptop. It's a wasted hour and a half, so I may as well enjoy Stephanie's reno and drool over the new knitty. I do have to go back out there to fix dinner.
I may even drag out my IK magazines to dream about what to knit for myself.