Saturday, March 24, 2007

Surprise In Store





I feel as if I'm fighting back now. I'm still coughing, but I've done two flute performances, I've entertained the scrogs (teenagers) on their spring break and I sneaked in a trip to the Sewing and Needlework show at the Tradex in Abbotsford.
It was a bright and overfilled room of ideas and idea makers. But it was a bit of a disappointment for the knitter. Only a local yarn shop and one other. But it was the other, a New Westminster shop that brought me there in the first place. Shan's Needlework sells Philosopher's Wool kits. I've knit one before, but it didn't fit me after I had my babies. I don't know if my sister ever wore it- even to the barn. But it was years of knitting for the time.

I tried to get up to Inverhuron when we were in Ontario this summer, but it was just too far out of the family plan.

I rolled my coins and took all my serendipity fund with me and found just what I wanted. Or, to be more honest, more than I knew I wanted. This Windows sweater is even more beautiful than the famous Kilim that I went hunting for. Thank-you Shan for the trade-show price and the lovely selection that made it worth while.

I took the kids and their friends to the Silver City movie complex in Mission through rains that obliterated the Trans Canada Highway. We had a good time, watched the lovely "Last Mimsy" (not the boys) and had snacks and holiday careless fun.

Today I will take the dog for a very wet walk and then warm up with a shower and tea. We're in for a lot more rain yet. Perhaps I will get better or at least not feel a lot worse.

There is hope in buying and starting a new sweater.

I won't start it until I get all the stitches of my Debbie Bliss cardigan into the working pattern. I don't know why. I just have to make these rules for myself. I like to leave a project at a point where I'm not afraid to pick it up, but happy to continue.

Shall I dive into the Windows? I'd sure like to.

Right now I'm pleased with just rolling in it.