Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Come Back Liza

The heavy pruning before our trip has paid off. These Queen Elizabeth roses are original to the house, so about 40 years old. I moved them from the front 10 years ago when we moved in. They are so very much like the one in front of our farm house where we took the special pictures, like me and D. going to the grad prom.

This is a beautiful, mild autumn. We have heavy dew, but it warms up by 9 am and we throw off our sweaters by 10:30.

I'm back to walking the dog every other day, but my ankle can only manage about 30 minutes. I lost another pound this week. Woo hoo! That makes 5. My clothes are looser. Redouble the efforts.

Noodle Pie's beloved lululemon hoodie has a broken zipper just at photo day. Disaster. They informed me they could repair but not replace it. We will go into the city on Saturday to sharpen her skates and continue on to one of the biggest malls, Metrotown to hand it in and buy another for the interim. These are the most valued items in the schools. I held off for almost a year before I let her buy one with her own money. I hope we don't have to drive the 1 1/2 hours to get it back.

Lookee, lookee.
I have 3 sisters. This is the handspun of sister #2 who is turning 50 next month.
My 3rd sister, the cowboy, is moving to a ranch in Kamloops soon and gave me her box of yarn and 2 boxes of fabric. This was worth all the acrylic and itty bitty remnants.
But I will probably make her and her husband hats. It will be enough to work with such a precious yarn. It was a gift from 2 to 3. They will need toques in that semi-arid climate.
It rarely gets cold enough here to wear ugly hats.

No comments: