Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Not My Car

I'm the geek taking pictures in the parking lot. This was too funny to pass up.

I have a 14 year old daughter and I am very much of the Reviving Ophelia school of raising girls. I'm a big girl and I would like someone to appreciate what I do for my community, not just the size of my thighs. My daughter intellectually knows that her musical and artistic talent are more valuable than looking anorexic, but it's tough out there in middle school.

Pretty soon it will be warm enough for those little stick insects to cover up. I will not have to fear for their mortal souls and their chance of making it to highschool without getting pregnant.

I seriously thought we were beyond the playboy bunny ideal.

But I have my knitting to console me.

The jacket is starting to morph and it's easy enough to bring along with me. I feel the pressure of finishing both projects. I hope to sit and knit a bit tonight. Last night I was on the deck until 8pm, dark, listening to an audio book. Very pleasant.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Funny first photo! You would think the Barbie doll/Playboy images had been forgotten but s*x is still a huge part of our youth's environment and/or conditioning.

Love the closeup of the blue/green knitting!