Sunday, July 26, 2009

Finishing to Begin

The July charity baby sweater is done. I don't like the yarn. I think I was disappointed when I made it into a square round blanket about 7 years ago for little cousin Max. It is not soft. Why did I keep a sweater's worth? Now it is a sweater and I will slip it over to maternity on my night shift tonight.
All this stash busting has made (tiny) space in my pantry. It's the annual Christmas in July sale with everything 40% off at Wool A Roo in Abbotsford and Aunt Debbie's in Vedder Crossing. I went to one store before camp and bought enough. But I thought I 'd better check out the local one on Saturday. I found some good wools at great prices. First: enough Ultra Alpaca Light to make an Icelandic shawl (I think).

Some very soft alpaca blend for a masculine scarf.


Gorgeous green DK for fingerless mitts to match my sister's Casbah scarf (still in progress). I'm hoping that the heavy photo download will stop her from accessing the blog on her Saltspring dial up. Either that or she is smart enough to feign ignorance. And her daughter is too, right?



I bought some of this Rowan scottish tweed at Liberty's in London in 1996. I made my BFF a flower basket shawl from it and now I can make myself one, though the thought of brown flowers is a bit dismal.

This is what I went for. Cascade Heritage hand painted. This will make a lovely shawl and may even replace the lost Cozy.


Couldn't resist enough of this Marble for a prayer shawl for the next in need.
I cast on the Baby Bolero from One Skein right away and am almost done the body. I had to stay up late lastnight to switch my clock. But we had a huge thunder storm and the mugginess kept me next to the fan in the dining room doorway. Not so comfortable, but I got to catch up with the new Lime and Violet podcast and felt "connected" to other knitters.
Thanks for making your own blogs so entertaining. I enjoyed catching up from the isolation of camp, filling that cup to take to work tonight.






No comments: