Saturday, December 24, 2011

Settling Down

The family and friends have come and gone for the Christmas Eve open house lunch. This year I added BBQ Beef on a bun to the French Onion soup and goodies. It was a lively gathering and I appreciate my big nephews coming and bringing their friends.
Settlers of Catan was a hit again.
I made a wicked sticky toffee sauce for the Christmas pudding.
There is a little left to have with a cup of tea while watching Alistar Sim in the Christmas Carol, between services at church.
Christmas came over a longer period this year, with an early concert, in laws celebrating and then heading south. It seems every week we have had Christmas.
One of my favourite things was carolling at the hospice with some altos from my choir. They want to do it again next year.
And now my big kids are home and we are all settling in for a quiet break.
Merry Christmas to all.

No comments: