Friday, June 26, 2009

Kind Thoughts

When I got home from a rather heavy shift tonight, my sister had dropped off a very nice hand-written reference for the mystery flower. That one in the middle is :
Campanula glomerate 'Superba'.
Clustered bellflower carries its funnel-shaped flowers in large, loose clusters.
Thrives in sun or partial shad.
Divide in clumps in autumn and spring.

It's growing well in heavy shade, and I'd be happy to share it in the fall.

The Hey Teach is coming along. I keep waiting for the trick, but I think the surprise is that it is a well-written fast knit. The back is almost done.

Lastnight I helped out at the Sardis Grad 09. Perhaps that's why I had trouble with this shift. (That and the general crabbiness- it doesn't help get the work done.)
The theme was Hollywood and the parents did a marvelous job of decorating. Jean and I signed them in and D was security. Scotty had a great time. I was home by 9:30, but he was dancing with all the other non-drinkers and having a great time. He took his date to the "Dry Grad" put on by the community and then out for breakfast at a friend's farm. I still haven't seen him.


Allison asked for the Thai noodle salad recipe. I have adapted it from a friend:
6-10 cups of whole wheat spaghetti, cooked and cooled.
Grated carrots and chopped green onions.
I like to add celery, red pepper, sesame seeds (anything I can get away with)
Sauce:
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
3 Tbsp Sweet Thai chili sauce
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/4 cup canola oil
1 Tbsp grated ginger
2 tsp minced garlic
Red pepper flakes.
If you make the sauce a day or two ahead it becomes hotter. I can't eat spicy food, but the teenagers love it.
Hope that goes well with whatever you're barbequing.


1 comment:

allison said...

Thank you for posting the recipe... looks delicious!