Thursday, June 11, 2009

Soundtrack of My Summer

I have found the CD to live in my car and accompany my summer experiences. Jodi Proznik is a genius bass player from Vancouver, and her CD Foundations is brilliant, and one that all my family can agree on. I'm still waiting to buy my own bass.
Every year I choose one new release that turns out to be intertwined with our summer memories. It has been successful: Van Morrison, k.d.lang, Yoyo Mah, Harry Connick Jr., Dave Brubeck. It started unintentionally when I was young and listened to CFUN radio station. Elton John and Billy Joel were big summer tunes. Then in university, it was Ah ha, Tears For Fears and Huey Lewis. What are your sounds of summer?

I work this weekend, so I'll try to "knit in public" in the cafeteria. I'm still working on catching up on my monthly baby sweaters, plus reading Friday Night Knitting Club.
Plus tonight is the book club pot luck where we bring a friend and choose a summer book. Perhaps this is a misguided attempt to recapture the carefree days of the summers of our youth. What are you reading this summer?

No comments: