Saturday, December 09, 2006

Back in the Saddle


Well, back walking, anyway. She's big but she's not a horse. It is a theory of mine that the reason I am not pining for another horse is this 95 lb dog.


The snow has a bated, it is warm enough to trundle through our 5 km walk. What a relief. I require the walking therapy for my asthma and my nasty knees. I did spend an entire year (not last year) when I missed only 2 days. I try to be gentler on myself, though Carly requires daily excercize. If I have a busy day or can't make the full 45 minutes, I'll be OK with a smaller walk or wait until tomorrow. The kids have helped out when I've been sick. D. likes to take her out, too. It is good to have a goal. It is bad to be inflexible and not allow for real life.
But how easy do I go on myself? At what point do I just get lazy? I need to remember that walking is fun and lets me be alone and self-directed. The way I feel after the walk is important to focus on as well. It is a much better feeling than sitting at my computer for that 40 minutes.
Lots of uninterrupted (!!) knitting last night. What a rush. How long has it been? I have 6 pattern repeats left on my backyard leaves from IK Holiday Gifts and two balls of butterfly cotton left on my tumbling blocks baby blanket for early January.
The pattern developed from several sources. I can't take credit for the pattern, but neither can I cite my source. I'll try to put it down below. Sets of 10 that travel through st st, reverse st st, and seed st. I like a predictable pattern that I can knit off the stitches. I have 10 st border in seed stitch because I'm not a big fan or garter. I cast on 200 stitches to get a blanket 40 inches. I hope to knit a square. I charted it on knitting graph paper.
On right side: v= pearl and 0= knit, but this is entirely reversible.
20. vovovovovo
vvovovovoo 19.
18. vvvovovooo
vvvvovoooo 17.
16. vvvvvooooo
vvvvvooooo 15.
14. ovvvvoooov
vovvvooovo 13.
12. ovovvoovov
vovovovovo 11.
10. ovovovovov
vovoovvovo 12
8. ovooovvvov
voooovvvvo 7.
6. ooooovvvvv
ooooovvvvv 5.
4. oooovovvvv
ooovovovvv 3.
2. oovovovovv
ovovovovov 1.