Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Salvaging


My dragon daughter had a blow up last night at dinner. We sat at the table. Together. This is supposed to be healthy. Sometimes on a week night we have to go to meetings after dinner. Not every night. Not like a few years ago when we were at pipe band practice 4 evenings a week.
Why did she have to freak out when we pointed out that she had failed to clean up the dog after her walk? We all make mistakes.
So much aggression. I was in despair. I had to go to parent teacher night for the son. It wasn't so bad. He's an asset to the school. So is she.
When I got back, I just wanted quiet time. So I put on an audio book and I made 8 trays of shortbread. I knit between batches. The teachers' gifts are done and wrapped on square plates. Next: butter tarts.
Filling the house with the smells of our favourite food and warming the kitchen were healing.
She apologized this morning. She doesn't understand it either. Teen age is the worst.

I'm sorry. Blogger is not downloading my pictures. I'm not alone with this problem. Maybe I should just take comfort in knowing I'm not alone in my problems.