Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Completed, Except


Last night I finished the top down raglan. I think my son looks pretty hunky in it. When he was a baby, we called him "Hunky Boo" because he was such a big Ukrainian baby (D. is half Ukrainian).His eldest cousin is a very similar size.
I think I will make it just a little longer in the body. Because I can. That's one of the treats of the top down. I think I changed my mind on this pattern after Hanne remarked on the decreases. I figured it out. It was a quick knit and I think Boo would wear it. How about dark blue or charcoal? He doesn't like the masterpiece aran sweater I knit him of special anti-tickle.
I had intended to knit my daughter, my Noodle-pie, a perfect aran before embarking on the nephew project. But the cotton cable hoodie, Mariah, was knit too loosely and eventhough I knit a size down, the cotton stretched and came out a size too big. Sigh. It is destined for my niece who is second in line. This means I am set to start sweater 3. I was going to knit Noodle a red Rogue hoodie, but she has started her own from Sally Melville. I win.
So today I will extend the bottom of the cable raglan. Then I will knit one or two fun fur caps to send to January One's friend. They will be collected for the chemo kids in Boston. I love to knit for medical babies. This hat will cheer me up after I shovelled the drive yet again. I torture myself that the neighbour who so rudely barricaded our shared driveway will oportunistically use mine as she doesn't clear her snow- nor do her lazy children or her little boyfriend. Wasted energy to fuss about others. I hate having a sociopathic neighbour. I want her to move. I want her to stop speaking to me in abusive language. It's up to me to tell her that I need more respect, but she's a sociopath, so it won't help. As long as my family is safe, I'll just walk away. Too sad after living here for almost 10 years. We pay off the mortgage next year. We've put up with drug dealers and car thieves, but it's never been so bad. We really love our privacy and she's in our face. Breathe. Knit. Make music. Nurture yourself.