Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Top Down and Off the Chart.











I've started the top down raglan sweater for my oldest nephew. It was coming along lickety split despite the strange language in the pattern. It's from Knitter's Fall 2001. I know now how blessed we are with the internet knitting sites. The abbreviations are rediculous. All in the name of fitting in another picture or fitting in more ads.



I just about frogged it last night. It was off the needles. And eventhough this Scheepjes Figodon is a bit splitty, it held its stitches. I gave in, put them back on the needles and counted. Only two out. I don't care if I missed something in the "AT THE SAME TIME" tunnel. I had to go off road, but I made it out to daylight on the other side and I'm dividing for the sleeves in the picture above.

I'm not a big fan of Knitter's, but there was a time when it was the only magazine I could get.

Thank-you Knitty and Magknits and all the wonderful designers. Opening up the communication to the designers is one of my chief kicks. Jodi Green is wonderful, Grumperina is the best and Kate Gilbert is amazing.

In other news, the birthday party/new year's eve sleep over was a bad idea. I thought my daughter could overcome her disappointment at having an early new year birthday. But it was like being under seige.


No cake. They made a cake. Won't that be fun? I hid in the bedroom. Then, you guessed it, they went outside to play in the dark after leaving the cake to cool outside. On a table you ask? On the BBQ? Not even on the hot tub. On my lawn chaise. Carly ate the cake. She didn't feel well. We had flaming sundaes.
I think we'll not repeat this experiment.