Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Cabbage Soup

Yes, we're the type of people who take pictures at the table.

D. got a full bowl of icecream from our waiter, Jose.
We like puff pastry and the Baked Alaska parade.

Now I know that the Cabbage Soup Diet is not from the Mayo Clinic. It is not magic. But, you know, I can follow it and I really feel the need to detox. The formal dining room offered so many great choices. I was able to eat food that made me feel good. For breakfast and lunch in the buffet, there was a real attempt to maintain freshness and fibre. But the chocolate chip cookies after lunch became a habit.
To break the habit, I made a huge pot of soup with delectable chicken stock and every vegetable under the sun. I add different ones each day and pretty well follow the veg or fruit or milk ritual. Why does it make me feel like there's something to look forward to? I will have chicken instead of beef which no longer likes me.
Day three and I feel fine, in control and not missing chocolate or margueritas. But my head is stitched to my texts and cardiovascular diseases. Whew. So slow to get the thinking going again.

No comments: