Monday, April 28, 2008

Persistence

I still have 2 small squares to finish, but this was my chance to occupy the floor and try to encourage myself. The squares have decided to be 30inches across. That makes a 60 inch blanket plus edging. Decent for an adult afghan.
The good news is G'ma is being discharged this week and Auntie and MIL have been able to scoop up a one-bedroom apartment in a multi-level care facility. She'll still get the good food. I'm sure that she will improve with the social stimulation and they will love her to pieces.

Talk about persistent. I tore out these red tulips 10 years ago, and just about every year since. I don't like when they open out with their tonsils showing. But the squirrels eat the beautiful pink Angeliques I planted. Here they are in the main rose bed,
Coming in the rose bed of the deck
And hiding on the edge of the front planter. I gave buckets away. I especially don't care for them with yellow ones, and, yes, they were planted together.

Finally, these are the drakes without mates who seem to have gathered for a game of ball on my deck. Just like the young men I know.

Yes, I'm also studying.

2 comments:

Life's a Stitch said...

Never have had any luck here with tulips. Or much of anything other than ornamental grasses. Sweet duck shot.

Acorn to Oak said...

I don't know why but this picture of the ducks and the ball cracks me up. It's so cute! Thanks for sharing it. :-) Cheryl