Monday, September 22, 2008

Idling

It's amazing how much I can get done when I'm not studying and I'm supposed to be studying. This morning I made Raw Energy Pan Cookies. It's my own recipe so I shall share it:
Raw Energy Pan Cookies


Cream together: ¾ cup butter or margarine
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar

Mix in: 2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Add and mix: 2 cups flour (1/2 whole wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt

Add and mix: 2 x 170g package DAN.D.PAK Raw Energy Mix (or 1 x 400g)
( 2 cups mixed sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds,
cashews, almond and raisins)

Press into cookie sheet

Bake 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

Cut into pieces while hot.
I haven't finished the September square, but I like it. The picture shows the two edge patterns reversed, but I don't think you could call this a mistake. More of a design modification. It still helps to understand the process. One pattern repeat is 6 inches. This boggles me as I'm going for 12 inches square and it should be perfect- again.
I extended myself this morning with the NYC Ballet Workout video. I bought it years ago with my birthday money after a long search. I didn't like it the first time. That's before mainstream Pilates. I get it now. It was really fun. You wouldn't know to look at me, but ballet dance is one of my passions. I took lessons in university and even after I had my kids. But there are no adult classes in this backwater and I wasn't comfortable working out with 15 year olds.
When I found out that my plantar fasciaitis was due to my toe turn out, I felt a bit cheated. I had worked hard to achieve that and wasn't using it at all. So now I want to gain back some of my strength, enjoy the discipline (yes I do) and maybe even lose some of this studying weight.
My real trick is to not do anything repetitively because I always end up with injuries. Even typing.

No comments: