Friday, September 19, 2008

Messing About




I was visiting a sadly no longer current site from Blueprint magazine. It was a Martha Stewart publication that really hit home for me- so it was cancelled. I'm into this organizing thing and on http://diyplanner.com/ I found some great ideas for my paper and pen obsession. The whole cards thing works for me, but I like 4x6 cards because I write large and I get them really cheap.I found a great craft idea at:http://blogs1.marthastewart.com/blueprint/2007/04/card_cases_tk.html


I think I may make a few for grad presents. The website shows them out of leather, which I can probably find. I think I may make a few for grad presents. Most of our young friends are going on to university so they may use cards for studying. I would say college, but the government had turned our colleges into University Colleges (I don't know what that is either), and now real Universities that hand out degrees. We are a little worried that they didn't follow it up with funding for research and the backbone things of a university. All dressing and election hoo haw.



The September square of the aran afghan comes from Alice Starmore's Fishermen's Sweaters. I want to make Inishmore some day, so I'm using this as a tutorial. I'll do another square from the other patterns in this sweater. This is a great way to figure out how to anticipate what's coming up on the needles. Cables have to be my favourite thing. That's probably why I have enough stash for an afghan.

2 comments:

LNS said...

Wow! First of all I must commend you on your overall craftiness. Well done! Secondly, I too enjoy fancy paper and nifty pens (in a very nerdy way, probably quite uncharacteristic of my generation). I bought a fountain pen when I broke my writing arm (in an unbelievable and embarrassing way, don't ask.) and I couldn't put enough pressure to work a standard ballpoint. It was all downhill from there haha! Happy crafting :-)

Angie said...

Your post is full of interesting ideas. I especially like your idea of sampling patterns of anticipated sweaters as afghan blocks.