Friday, April 02, 2010

In Tune With the Weather

It is cold and rainy and I have a recurrent chest cold. I am not under the weather, I am right in step with it. I tried to get some antibiotics at the clinic last night, but the doctor is certain it is viral and I will just have to ride it out. I had to call in sick to work today. I sat and read "My Stroke of Insight" in two sittings. I do miss reading.
The other day I saw a tutorial on whipup.net for a butterfly wreath. I really enjoyed fishing out my paints for a silly craft. I plan to put it on my music stand for Easter Sunrise Service.
But I will really have to drag myself out. If it doesn't rain too much, I hope the wreath survives and I can give it to my mom. We're supposed to go to my sister's cabin after church, but I don't think I'm up for the boat ride and the rainy chill. I'm thinking hot tea and maybe ham and eggs.
These tulips went crazy! They crowded the sink and opened their teeth menacingly. We really enjoyed them. I am knitting along on the not very demanding sleeve of the nephew gansey. After that it will be the not very demanding body of the gansey. I set this up for my night shift brain and it works well with my stunted viral infection brain.
I started to learn the magic loop cast on but it was beyond my ken just now. As well, I still didn't get gauge (34 stitches/4 inches) on 1.5 mm needles. I think I will use the 1.75mm and knit the medium sock, hoping it comes out large enough. I really want to be into the Cascadia sock before I meet Syvia Harding at the Twist of Fate retreat later this month.
Thank goodness the Easter Bunny already bought the chocolate and boiled the eggs. Now this bunny is going to lie down and enjoy the new Lime&Violet podcast. There is medicine in laughter.

No comments: