Monday, January 17, 2011

Ennui Antidote

New, new, new! Go for the shiny! I chose to knit myself a pair of monkeys some of my newest yarn, handpainted Zinfandel Sock yarn from Unwind Yarns in Ocean Cove, my new Blackthorn double points in 1.75 mm and the new stitch markers D gave me from Wee Ones. I even got gauge!
Work went well last night because my peeps sleeped and I had another awesome partner, the Wee Gail.
Today I got a lovely message from Mindy complementing me on my Holden shawl which she designed! What a treat! It was a great pattern and I really enjoyed stretching my colour expressions.
I still need to take pics of my Moody Shawl and update my Ravelry page, but there are floors to wash, children to sing to and monkeys to knit.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I love, love, love the color of that yarn!

Life's a Stitch said...

It's good to get gauge. And to discover it prior to knitting a significant amount ;-)