Monday, May 09, 2011

Another Mothers Day

After working two day shifts, I felt a bit off kilter heading into Mothers' Day. My mom's orchid and historical romance novel were ready with the card, and I had plans, but I didn't know what to expect. D bought me a pink dogwood which really pulled at my heartstrings because that's what I got my first Mothers' Day and we had to leave it behind when we moved. I can still see it two blocks away. But this one is beautiful and so sweet.
The kids gave me charms for my bracelet which is pretty well full, now. And Emily gave me balloon red wine glasses like at the restaurant. Great for capturing the bouquet.
We went to a cream tea hosted by our Music Academy and my kids did the serving. It was so awesome of them to do some volunteering and they were very professional. Mom is proud (so is Grandma).
This will be a crazy week with plans for the dinner on Saturday and flying to Palm Desert on Sunday. But I want to keep up my gym/exercise routine.

No comments: