Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Recharging Batteries


 D and I flew to Palm Desert on Sunday. Saturday was the fundraising dinner and a great success with the help of friends and family. Our camp was guaranteed to make a profit because I did the cooking for eighty (ham and scalloped potatoes, smores for dessert) and the auction items were donated.
But I was beat. There were a few sleepless nights when I didn't think we could pull it off.
But we are here and relaxing and walking in the warm desert sun and taking photos.
 Until my camera battery died. Oh well, I can walk without the heave Nikon D60 around my neck. We already bought groceries for our timeshare kitchen. We found beautiful pearls and some aquamarine gems that match my ring. Also an apple store and an anthropologie. Happy happy happy hour at Tommy Bahamas and home for vids in the room. We're so exciting.
 Did I mention there was yarn? I bought some black alpaca and silk lace weight because last summer's attempt at a black shawl ended up frogging and beads and oh my. Plus some beautiful periwinkle blue sock weight for the new Wendy Knits mystery shawl.
I resurrected the orchid cotton, because it matches my pedicure and iphone, but bought a turquoise dress for my nephew's wedding this summer. Matches the new gems. I ran into JC  Penny and tried on 14 dresses in about 15 minutes. This one has the flattering details of deep v neck, nipped in waist and a line skirt. All good. Today we'll do more walking and maybe explore the old town of Indio. It's all about going with the flow. We are enjoying the 'winter' temperatures of 74 Fahrenheit. Don't feel bad for us, we're getting a tan and brushing off the winter moss. Just recharging our batteries.

3 comments:

Nancy McCarroll said...

So glad you are having fun and resting up!! By the way, snap me up one of those Tommy Bahama shirts!!!

Lia said...

Enjoy the time away.

Linda said...

Absolute bliss!