Friday, May 27, 2011

Three Big Bites

 With encouragement from the Knitmore Girls I am trying new things. This is my very first drop spindle spinning. It is way over spun, but it is a pretty consistent width. So much to learn. I also have some more colourful roving. I'll spin that and ply them. Maybe I'll have enough for some fingerless mitts. Thanks to Willow for bringing hers to knit night, to Caroline at electrictree.etsy.com for encouraging me and for those youtube tutorials. This is the very beginning and I have learn to relax and use less muscle. Let the yarn do the work.
 I bought the fabric for a lap quilt. At Easter, someone had a lap quilt that was a gift and I was enamoured. I would love someone to make me one, but I can be my own friend, too. My sewing machine is relegated to the basement and I think I may be able to make this work for me in the, hopefully, warm summer days ahead.
And a hula hoop. I've never been able to get one going. I have all summer to get over that. There's no way I'm going to reach 50 and not be able to hula hoop.
This is a huge weekend. I work nights tonight, my choir is in the Honours Concert tomorrow and Em plays and accepts a trumpet scholarship. Sunday I lead church with Folk Music, attend a concert with my mom's sorority and go to a Youth event that sets up our team for the Cancer Relay For Life next weekend. Pray for quiet knitting time.

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

I found your site at We Heart Yarn, noticing that you live in BC, love to knit and sing. We used to live in San Diego but have lived in WA, near Seattle, for many years. Good luck with your weekend; it sounds busy!

electrictree said...

Yay! You are spinning! The great thing is, it's not a new hobby, it's all "fibre art"