Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Trying New Things.

The "blessed" jaywalkers are done. What is it with me and this pattern? Can I call it incompatability? I think I just wasn't in a pattern-reading mode. Anyway, I love Grumperina, so I really wanted to love these socks. They're just a little short in the toe right now and I have gobs of Super Soxx wool left over, but I haven't washed them yet, and I'm a loose knitter, so I may gain that three rows that I'm too stubborn to redo.

This morning I sent the kids to the dentist without me. Really, why should I sit there for an hour when they can drive? So I took the time to do a project that has been waiting for quite a long time. My treat after two exams and the descent into dorkiness that was my evening.

http://veganknitter.blogspot.com/2007/09/dpn-project-holder-tutorial.html


So cute. And that 's the new Cascade Fixation in Pebble stitch pattern. I'm not sure I'll like it. I was going to make the Broad Ripples that everyone else has. But my best friend has already knit up the first one. Is that a problem? Seems she has the exact same colourway. And as much as I like knitting along with the sheep, every faddish project. I was a bit disappointed that it was there on her needles. Too Pipi Longstocking to have matching BFF socks. Am I terribly shallow? What would you do? It's my fault, I sent her the pattern. But I didn't pick this beautiful colourway- it's a prize from Angie at: http://purlingoaks.typepad.com/ I do like it, thanks, even if it's not "cow wool"(?)

I've also started writing up my first pattern. I have knit my own patterns, but not written them down properly. It's really hard. I'm trying to find a Canadian yarn in a light worsted that is soft. Do you know of any? I figure I should support the locals. My LYS was no help. Perhaps I am only procrastinating like I do in my writing so I don't have to put it down in black and white. Anyway, it's the best thing I've ever knit (Cast-On podcast's assignment) and I want to share it.

I took the day off studying because I hope to hide out and get a lot done tomorrow. I did a lot of errands. I went to the wool shop and bought Crystal Palace bamboo dpns. Some of mine seem to have walked. There is food in the house. We have a vet student and I don't know how much he eats. D. is at pipe band tonight, so I may study after supper.