Sunday, October 05, 2008

Changing Gears


I totally have a crush on my new information system. It's like finding a great yarn or patter, it takes up all the RAM in your brain. I just watched the "Inbox Zero" video that Merlin Mann did for the Google team and I have to absorb this new information. I also emptied my inbox. Completely. I didn't arbitrarily delete the unknown, I set about "actionable" steps. This is a dynamic process that will require much tweaking, but hopefully will get the monkey of guilt and inaction off my shoulders.
http://www.43folders.com/2007/07/25/merlins-inbox-zero-talk

In knitting, sleeve number one is down (or up?) and I'm pretty pleased with February Lady. For such little effort I'm getting pretty great results. I also found a yarn that my friend is not allergic too, not lace weight but close- sock weight. Then I hunted Ravelry for a pattern that suited her and , I think, the yarn. I also found the needles and packed them with the stuff I'm taking to Whistler. To a non-knitter I was just futzing. But you know I was using critical thinking in a logical action plan. It's going to be the Arctic Diamond Shawl in black. That means I must knit it before the days become too short or too dark to work with such a dark yarn. I think I can do this.
I am trying not to struggle with my studies. I'm on a practical, physical, assessment and action phase. D and I are going to Whistler for a few days to walk around and relax. So I'm using narration to write all that I would do for Mrs. Patient, given a case study. Next week I'll actually practice in the lab.
But I'd rather go to Whistler.

No comments: