Sunday, January 06, 2008

Overshot the Sleeve


Lastnight was a great family gathering for a 15th birthday celebration. Both sets of grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins from both sides. The trifle was a hit and short-lived. Her real birthday is Tuesday, so I'll probably make some cupcakes or something for her family gift opening.
Mr. Boo treated us to a little Rachmaninov at the end. It is rare that he enjoys performing, so we took advantage of his Grade 10 (Toronto Royal Conservatory) expertise.
I have been enjoying how quickly this navy sweater is coming along. I measured the second sleeve next to the first this Sunday afternoon (while listening to a podcast interview of Phillip Pullman on CBC's Writers and Company) and was ready to count the stitches of the increases. Well, I was 10 stitches too many which means ripping back 40 rows or almost a whole 50 gram ball of Phildar Pegase+ at 90 meters. Oh well. This time when I knit those 40 rows, it will go more quickly because I'm not increasing. I wish my hand wasn't hurting so much from knitting. Just take it easy and don't overdo it. Oh, and count.

No comments: